CSR under the constitution of India
- The Indian Companies Act 2013 makes CSR obligatory for companies with specified profit, net worth or turnover.
- According to this act, businesses must have a clear CSR policy and must report their CSR activities regularly.
- Any organization whether public, private, non-profit or foreign must comply with CSR if they have a net worth of more than 500 crores, turnover of more than 1000 crores and Net profit of more than 5 crores during the preceding financial year.
“CSR is all about delivering values of the company to the society”
The CSR mandated companies must
- 1 Must form a CSR committee consisting of directors and board members.
- 2 A CSR policy must be designed after approval from the members. The activities underneath the CSR must also be planned.
- 3 The organization must ensure that 2% of its average net profit must be allocated to the CSR fund.
How to integrate CSR into your business?
Step by step procedure to adopt Corporate Social Responsibility into your business-
- 1 Analyze your current impact – You must be aware of your current business practices to analyze the impact on society and the environment. You may use some assessment tools to calculate your present contribution. This step is essential to know how much more you can contribute to the environment, society and governance.
- 2 List your CSR goals – these are the values you wish to deliver through your CSR program. Define your CSR aim, objectives and goals to step up for the morals you admire. Also, prioritize your CSR goals for a better output.
- 3 Make awareness - your employees, partners and stakeholders must be aware of your CSR goals and plans. This is not a personal objective and hence everyone in the team must be well aware of the details associated.
- 4 Plan of action - develop an action plan for your CSR activities. Call a meeting with the board of directors of the company to make crucial decisions and start with CSR asap.
About Nirmala Foundation –
Nirmala Foundation is a non-profit organization working relentlessly for the poor and needy people. The aim is to uplift the unprivileged ones by any means we can. The main intent of the organization is to offer them help through various campaigns like ration distribution, blankets distribution, water distribution etc. Nirmala foundation upholds this commitment to providing them with the necessities of life for a better present and future. We are working under the following tiers –
Education For All
Environment And Forest
Nirmala Foundation is one of the leading non-profit organizations indulged in helping poor and needy people. We keep on conducting several social campaigns in order to offer ration, blankets, and water to the unprivileged ones.
Through our social campaigns, we are committed to reaching out as well as supporting the invisible individuals like the daily wage workers, vulnerable children, elderly as well as frontline health and air workers.
During the pandemic, several people lost their jobs and are not able to earn even for their livelihood. Everyone is aware that the entire country is facing a lot of difficulties especially the poor ones due to the coronavirus pandemic.
So, to overcome this problem, we are conducting several social campaigns and distributing items that are the basic necessities like ration and water.
Right from providing food to other essential ration items, we have come forward to help the vulnerable groups of society.
In the ration distribution, we offer everything like flour, rice, vegetables, pulses, sugar, spices, and oil to the migrant workers, daily wagers, and other poor people living in rural areas.
Nirmala Foundation, offer winter blankets to the patients and other poor people living on the streets during winter. At our NGO, every year blanket donation campaign runs in which we provide premium quality warm blankets to the neglected people living in our country.
We believe that there is no better gift than offering warm clothing to the poor ones during the winter season. There are several homeless people who experience the bitterness of the winter season and are at great risk to suffer from a serious illness.
However, we are also giving the opportunity to normal people to come forward and donate for the needy ones so that we are able to offer blankets.
Several people are living in rural areas who do not get access to clean and hygienic drinking water. So, to overcome this problem, we organize campaigns for water distribution in different villages and rural areas.
In this way, everyone gets access to clean water which keeps them healthy and free from harmful diseases. Due to climate change, there are many places in India that face the problem of water scarcity. In order to offer a solution to this problem, we install water tanks in different areas.
Therefore, through social campaigns, we empower the different communities of our society.